Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Olive Branch

I need to hurry and apologize to all the Stephanie Meyer fans out there, because I really can't fight on two fronts and I'm planning to aggravate a lot more people in my next post. So, using the time-honored methods employed by a man when he knows he's defeated (especially by women), let me just say:

I'm sorry. I now recognize that Stephanie Meyer deserves a Nobel Prize for Literature, and Peace, and probably Medicine and Economics as well. I see nothing but genius in the literary device of having a teen-aged girl fall in love with a vampire, and I fully recognize that there is only nobility in the feelings women might have for Edward. I personally have witnessed readers of her books cured of leprosy. Go buy the books. Buy several, one for each room of the house.

As for me, I'm going to put reading Eclipse right on my list of things to do. After I lose weight and get in shape and get the family finances under control once and for all and read the Old Testament and clean out the garage and refinish all the furniture and run a marathon and schedule a colonoscopy and learn to play jazz harmonica, you won't be able to keep me away from it.

3 comments:

splinger moosebutt said...

Well done! All that's left to do now is shave your head and sacrifice a blemishless goat, and maybe they'll forgive you in the next year or two.

And then again, maybe they'll just keep sticking pins in the voodoo doll they made of you.

mommymuse said...

No hint of irony, sarcasm, or hyperbole there...I'm shedding buckets of tears at that heartfelt attempt to make amends.

Maybe it's best to stick with what you know and get back to ticking people off.

Steverino said...

Some people just can't accept an apology. . .