Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sweet Talkin' Guy

A wise man knows how to please a woman. And Dex has caught on really quickly. Some young suitors might waste time on flowers or perfume, writing poetry or serenading their young lady as she stood on her balcony. (OK we don't have a balcony, but big deal. Why won't you people ever give me a break?)

Not Dex. He knows. This is what he brought Em the other day when he came to visit:



No, not the quarter; stay focused here, people. The one-foot-long rusty hunk of solid metal from an old fire hydrant. He probably dodged traffic to get it. Em was delighted. Eventually, it will end up on her bedroom wall. Which will eventually fall over, but that's another story.

4 comments:

mommymuse said...

I love Emily!!!! Think how you guys are gonna miss the trash art when she goes off to school...

Becky said...

How's she going to get that one to stick to the wall? I think she ought to get a vase for it and maybe water it a little to improve the rust quality.

Unknown said...

Big deal; I brought back a TAILPIPE. How many people have ever found one of those?

Tiauna Elise Noble said...

That, that is my Best friend! :) Yep, I love her dearly! :) speaking of which, maybe I can find some good parts from some of my dads scraps of cars...:)