Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hoping for the Best

The title of my blog comes from recent experiences in which my wife had to ask me if I was OK. We were sitting in church or a school assembly or something equally compelling and she noticed the obvious discomfort I was experiencing. She probably wondered if my back hurt or my legs were cramping or I had ten-inch needles run through my eyeballs; such was the look on my face. I leaned over and explained in whispered tones that it only hurt in my brain.

It's happening more frequently as I get older. Certain things just make my brain hurt, and it's getting harder to sit still when it happens. Some would argue that I'm just getting to be a cranky old fart. To these people I say, "Get your own blog."

So, here I am, hoping that if I can empty my brain on this blog occasionally, it will relieve the pressure. A man's gotta dream.

1 comment:

splinger moosebutt said...

Go ahead and do a brain dump. I'm sure it will be blackmail-worthy, which works to my benefit, because it never hurts to have dirt on your boss.