Friday, May 30, 2008

Head-on

OK, here's one reason it hurts in my brain:

My daughter was in a head-on collision this afternoon. She's fine, except for a large bruise on her leg where part of the dashboard hit her as the air bag deployed. (She's waiting in anticipation for it to turn purple and green and really ugly, so she can send pictures to all her friends.) Everyone else is fine too, for which we are all grateful. The head-on collision took place at about 30 mph in a cul de sac, where one of the drivers listed a bit to port, and the other drifted a bit to starboard, as they went around the curve. Bam! The cars were a mess, but since everyone walked away, well, I feel blessed.

Surprisingly, this is not why my brain hurts. Things like this are going to happen if you let your daughter ride in cars with boys, and basically, these are good kids that made a mistake. It will be a pain for the parents, the insurance companies will lose a little money, and that's about it.

No, my brain hurts because just after the accident, some guy ran out of his house and started yelling at the young drivers: "This is not a highway," he yelled, displaying the keen grasp of the obvious that is often the hallmark of the anal retentive. "You're lucky no one was hurt!" He was genuinely angry that these people smashed their cars on his watch, I guess.

Sure am glad he was there to make a bad day worse for everyone, while accomplishing exactly nothing.

4 comments:

splinger moosebutt said...

Yeah, I'm sure they wouldn't have figured out that should have been a little more careful without this guy's help. Thank goodness for good Samaritans.

wsb said...

In Wisconsin, we'd call this sort of person an asshole, LDS or not.

But in Provo, I think we should just call him less active. Stings more.

canoelover said...

Actually, WSB did not write that disgusting and crude post. It was me, canoelover, but wsb is home from university and has taken over my entire existence (including logging in under her name on my laptop).

TiaunaElise said...

Jeez banana, shut your freakin gob okay!
Haha! wow, I remember this day well, I was doing something...hmmm...
long story short, emily texts me and says, Pj just got in an accident...hahah...I laughed, so hard...because I thought she was joking, and then I nelson laughed from the simpsons at pj...sad but, funny. I just know that if I ever get in an accident, I hope I am being laughed at by emily! And Steve, That you blog about it! :)

You should blog the story I sent to Betsy...

once upon a time there was this girl, who had 4 ducks, those wonderful ducks were freaking out one night outside, around 11 pm... Tiauna...(I meant the girl) the girl...opened the back door, her dog bolted out, and that was the end of a wonderful week, and life...everything...reeks of....Lovely little friend called.
Pepe le Pue! :) the end...
-TiaunaElise