Monday, January 5, 2009

Traditional Procrastivus Fare

I know that many of you readers (Hello? Anyone? Anyone?) are wondering what the traditional foods of the Procrastivus Season are. According to my exhaustive research completed just this evening, a typical Procrastivus meal can be made in this way:

Take about a half pound of good quality ground beef, form in into a patty, and grill it to desired degree of doneness (ideally, medium rare). When almost done, top it with sliced pickled jalapenos, and a lot of shredded cheese. Let the cheese melt. Some Tabasco at this stage is optional, but it's a nice touch. Then, pop it all on a home-made hamburger bun with some sour cream. Do a happy little dance of anticipation. Devour.

It's a tradition worth starting, I tell you what.

3 comments:

canoelover said...

We're here, we're just stunned into silence by your witty cynicism. :-)

mommymuse said...

I don't know what to say to that. Other than I'm sorry I missed the happy dance. Really.

My vision of Procrastivus fare was more like cleaning leftovers out of the fridge and hoping something would be palatable. I forgot I was dealing with the family who is giving the Pikelets a run for their money. I'm not worthy...

splinger moosebutt said...

I think Procrastivus fare at our house would be a result of a game of chicken between me and my wife about what to cook for dinner, followed by a last minute decision to pick up pizza at Little Caesers.