Saturday, February 27, 2010

Plant a Radish, Get a . . . . Well, I Don't Know.

Well, I suppose every parent occasionally has to wonder What Happened? The bottom line is, we just don’t know. In the end, we just do the best we can, and hope that things turn out. But right now, I’m not so sure. Of course, there are two sides to every issue: from the front, it looks as though it must be something she picked up from her friends. From the back side, it may be our fault. It’s just hard to tell.

The point is, Erynn has started displaying a certain behavior around the house. In order to avoid embarrassing anyone, I’m not going to say what it is here. No. I won’t even drop any hints, not if you threatened to torture me or set my pants on fire. But let’s just say it reveals a certain disregard for accepted social moires.



It used to be relatively infrequent, maybe once every blue moon. But now it seems to be happening more and more often. I know some of you are thinking it's just a result of being spoiled, that as parents we bent over backwards for her. Maybe you're thinking, it shows a crack in our family armor. But I don't think so.

Well, there's nothing for it but to move on and hope it gets better. No use mooning about, crying over spilt milk. It's time to move on. Be optimistic. Keep the sunny side up. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

mommymuse said...

HAHAHA!!!! Nice, very nice.